- Lead safety, multi-site responsibilities
- Successful, privately owned manufacturing group
- Brisbane South-east Head Office
Winson Group is a well-established Australian owned national group of companies, successfully operating in the B2B manufacturing and distribution environment for 50 years.
We are seeking to engage an experienced professional HSE Manager to re-invigorate our safety culture and champion health, safety and environment engagement at all levels of our business.
More about the job:
You will report directly to the General Manager, Operations and partner with the business to provide expert advice in health, safety and environment in Queensland, NSW, Victoria and Western Australia. Queensland is our largest site, but overnight interstate travel may also be required every quarter, to conduct regular site inspections, audits, observations and training.
You will be responsible for the development, implementation and review of our HSE Management System to ensure all legislative, regulatory and accreditation requirements for AS/NZS4801:2001 and ISO14001 are met. A sound working knowledge of ISO9001:2015, LEAN Manufacturing and Rehabilitation and Return to Work practices would also be an advantage.
You will be able to demonstrate experience in working with risk management methodologies, auditing processes and providing reports at Board level. This is a hands-on, operational role, so you will have the capacity to manage detail and process, while keeping the bigger picture front of mind.
By driving a safety-first culture, you will establish Safety as a key value for all our people.
For further details please review the Position Description.
More about you:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience gained in a commercial manufacturing, engineering or distribution environment
- Current qualifications in Safety, Internal Auditing and Rehabilitation
- 10 years’ experience in the HSE field, 5 years’ experience in a senior safety role
- Strong record in Safety and Zero Harm practices
- Ability to diagnose, investigate and implement improvements
- Demonstrated coaching style, an effective communicator, with the skill to influence across all levels of an organization
- Confident in your ability to gain support from senior stakeholders and to be considered a trusted advisor
- Pragmatic and able to balance business productivity with health, safety and environment best practice.
More about Winson Group:
Winson Group is the holding company of SIGNET and insignia; a national group of manufacturing companies trading in packaging, safety supplies, label manufacturing and distribution and servicing of industrial labeling equipment. Specifically, we manufacture a range of inks, aerosols, plastic film and labels and operate purpose-built office, production and warehousing facilities located in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Townsville, and Perth. The Winson Group is proud to be an Australian Family owned and operated Group of companies.
What makes working at Winson Group special? As a start, we are passionate about our vision – Helping Australia Compete – and we’ve been successfully doing so for over 50 years.
Our people tell us that at Winson, they get the best of both worlds; our established position and size mean you’ll get ‘big business’ structure, support and progression, without giving up the opportunities for ownership, direct impact, trusted relationships and a truly great culture.
What We Offer:
We are a forward-looking, results-focused company with a strong commitment to manufacturing in Australia, and a plan for continued growth and capital investment. You will have an opportunity to make a genuine contribution to our future success and join an organization that values people.
The remuneration package is negotiable based on your qualifications and experience.
If our role aligns to your professional experience, we would like to meet with you to share more information about the role, our Group and our People. Please submit your application via www.winson.com.au/careers and find out how you too can find the best of both worlds.